Benefits and drawbacks of condoms
Some features of utilizing condoms:
- When utilized precisely and regularly, they’re a dependable way of preventing maternity.
- They help protect both partners from STIs, including chlamydia, gonorrhoea and HIV.
- You simply have to utilize them if you have sex – they don’t require advance planning consequently they are suited to unplanned intercourse.
- More often than not, there aren’t any medical negative effects from utilizing condoms.
- These are typically simple to get your hands on and are offered in a number of forms, sizes and flavours.
Some drawbacks consist of:
- Some partners discover that using condoms interrupts sex – to obtain for this, attempt to make utilizing a condom element of foreplay.
- Condoms are strong but may separate or tear or even utilized correctly. In such a circumstance for you, practise placing them on so that you get accustomed to with them.
- Some individuals can be allergic to latex, plastic or spermicides, you could get condoms which can be less inclined to cause a allergic reaction.
- When making use of a condom, the person needs to take out after he’s ejaculated and before his penis goes soft, holding the condom securely set up.
Can anything make condoms less efficient?
Sperm can occasionally enter into the vagina during intercourse, even though utilizing a condom. This could take place if:
- Your penis touches the area all over vagina before a condom is wear
- The condom splits or comes down
- The condom gets damaged by razor- sharp fingernails or jewelry
- You employ oil-based lubricants, such as for instance cream, child oil or petroleum ointment, with latex or condoms that are polyisoprene this damages the condom
- You might be utilizing medicine for conditions like thrush, such as for instance ointments, pessaries or suppositories – this could easily harm latex and condoms that are polyisoprene and prevent them working precisely
If you were to think semen has entered the vagina, you will need crisis contraception. You can make use of crisis contraception as much as five times after unsafe sex (whenever semen joined the vagina).
Opt for having an STI test. It is possible to visit a:
- Intimate wellness center
- Contraception center
- Young man or woman’s center
You should use another kind of contraception, like the contraceptive implant or pill, for additional security against maternity.
Nevertheless, other types of contraception will not protect you against STIs. You will nevertheless be prone to STIs in the event that condom breaks.
Where you might get condoms
You will get condoms free of charge, even though you’re under 16, from:
- Contraception clinics
- Intimate wellness or GUM (genitourinary medication) clinics
- Some GP surgeries
- Some people that are young solutions
You can even purchase condoms from:
- Mail-order catalogues
- Vending devices in a few toilets that are public
- Some petrol channels
Constantly buy condoms that carry the BSI kite mark in addition to European CE mark. What this means is they are tested towards the safety that is required.
If you are under 16 years of age
Contraception services are free and confidential, including for individuals underneath the chronilogical age of 16.
If you are under 16 and desire contraception, a doctor, nursing assistant or pharmacist won’t inform your parents (or carer) for as long you fully understand the information you’re given and the decisions you’re making as they believe. how to get a ukrainian woman
Medical practioners and nurses work under strict instructions when coping with individuals under 16. They will encourage you to definitely give consideration to telling your moms and dads, however they will not allow you to.
The time that is only professional might wish to inform somebody else is when they think you are at an increased risk of damage, such as for instance punishment. The chance would have to be serious, and so they would frequently discuss this with you first.
Web web Page final evaluated: 19 September 2017 Next review due: 19 September 2020